Tuesday, November 04, 2008

A Thought to Ponder....











As I was growing up my mother always told me I was born into the wrong era. Then I had people tell me that I had an old soul. I always sort of knew what that meant or at least had a basic understanding of what people were saying when they told me that, but the other day curiousity got a hold of me and I decided to look up old souls on the internet. That is where I stumbled upon a blog written by Steve Gunn talking about old souls.
I found his blog to be very intersting especially when I stumbled across his list of key signs of an old soul. I found this list to be very interesting because I could relate to every key on it. Here is the list:
The key signs of an old soul
· Giving and caring often putting others first
· Had a difficult romantic life often with much pain and disappointment
· More than likely had a soulmate relationship
· Things just seem to happen to you and around you, often becoming very dramatic through the seemingly extreme reactions of others
· Events repeat themselves
· Have trouble connecting with your family
· Somehow know you're different
· Have some psychic intuition and 'just knowing' things
· Find that you have deeper emotions and passions than most people
· People have extreme reactions to you - some just adore you and some seem to really dislike you yet you behave the same to everyone
· Have an inner creative passion
· Suffer lots of jealousy
· Often perceived wrongly
· Feel your don't have much free will, like your life is being controlled by some outside force
· Often feel 'stuck' like events just keep on happening to you time after time

Now not every key mentioned above relates to my every day life, but I can relate to them all from one point in my life or another. When I read that list I was thinking to myself "that is me! that is me!" Nothing could have so close to pinning me to a tee as that list. And from that list and other things that Steve talks about I have come to a better understanding of what an old soul is as well as to who I am as a person. It has also intrigued me to look into the topic more to see what else I can find out about myself and of being an old soul.
This is a new interest of mine so if you have any related sites or blogs that you think would be of interest to me please forward them on and I will gladly take a peek. This is definately something I want to continue looking into to see what else I can find out... I know I have only touched the tip of the iceberg and would like to dig a little deeper.

4 comments:

Stephy said...

Hey I have an old soul too LOL.
Hi LOL
I follwed the link from Jacquelyn's blog :)

Stephy

Anonymous said...

Wow.. very interesting. I can relate to ALOT of that aswell!

Anonymous said...

TAG!! You're it *hehe*
Pop over to my blog to find out more...
*hugs*
~Jacquelyn

Anonymous said...

Hey Shan!
Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Butterfly Award. Check my blog for more info ;)
*hugs*